Creating Dotplots in SPSS
SPSS can make dotplots for you.
1) Open a data file (in .sav or .por format) or type your data in.
2) In either the Data Editor window or the Output Viewer window, click on the “Graphs" menu and then on "Scatter/Dot..."
3) Select "Simple Dot" and click "Define."
4) Select the variable you would like to plot. Click on the little arrow next to "X-Axis Variable." This will move the variable into the "X-Axis Variable" box.
5) If you would like to add a title to your plot, click the "Titles..." button. A new dialog box appears. Enter any titles or subtitles you want to use, and click "Continue..."
6) Click "OK"
The dotplot appears in the Output Viewer. By default, each circle represents one measurement.
232 Ricks Building 208-496-1839 voice
Rexburg, ID 83440 208-496-2005 fax
Please do not call me at home.