Creating Pareto Charts in SPSS
Pareto charts are bar graphs in which the bars are ordered from tallest to shortest.
NOTE: For quantitative data, use a histogram instead of a Pareto chart.
1) Open a data file or type your data in.
2) In either the Data Editor window or the Output Viewer window, click on the “Analyze" menu and then on "Quality Control."
3) Click on "Pareto Chart."
3) Select "Simple" and click "Define."
4) Select the variable you would like to plot. Click on the little arrow next to "Category Axis." This will move the variable into the "Category Axis" box.
5) If you would like to add a title to your plot, click the "Titles..." button. A new dialog box appears. Enter any titles or subtitles you want to use, and click "Continue..."
6) Click "OK." The Pareto chart appears in the Output Viewer.
232 Ricks Building 208-496-1839 voice
Rexburg, ID 83440 208-496-2005 fax
Please do not call me at home.