General Studies Concerning Ritual
following are two articles appearing back to back in same book: first
is the book's introduction and the second is the first
chapter--therefore, one PDF--  Daniel L. Belnap, "Introduction: Latter-day Saints and the Perception of Ritual," (pp. 1-12; including endnotes) and Walter E. A. van Beek, "Ritual and the Quest for Meaning," (pp. 15-36; including endnotes) in By Our Rites of Worship: Latter-day Saint Views on Ritual in Scripture, History, and Practice, ed. by Daniel L. Belnap (Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University, 2013)
Specific Studies Concerning Ritual
Handclasp and Embracing
- Todd M. Compton, "The Handclasp and Embrace as Tokens of Recognition," in Ed.s John M. Lundquist and Stephen D. Ricks, By Study and Also By Faith (1990), pp. 611-42. Abbreviations used in endnotes.
- David Calabro, "Understanding Ritual Hand Gestures of the Ancient World: Some Basic Tools," in Ancient Temple Worship, ed.s Matthew B. Brown, Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, Stephen D. Ricks, John S. Thompson (2014), pp. 143-157.
- David Calabro, "The Divine Handclasp in the Hebrew Bible and in Near Eastern Iconography," in Temple Insights, ed. by William J. Hamblin, David Rolph Seely , pp. 83-97.
- Stephen D. Ricks, "Handclasp in Ancient Mediterranean Religions" in Ancient Temple Worship, ed.s Matthew B. Brown, Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, Stephen D. Ricks, John S. Thompson (2014), pp. 159-169.
- Dr. Lynn M. Hilton, "The Hand as a Cup in Ancient Temple Worship," A paper presented at the Thirtieth Annual Symposium on the Archaeology of the Scriptures, held at BYU on 26 September 1981.